Some search engine optimization strategies work, and others do not. When in doubt, it is best to make use of three SEO strategies before all others.
There are dozens of different search engine optimization strategies one can employ to efficiently promote his or her website. Of course, three techniques must be understood before examining any others. These tactics have been proven time and time again to provide steadfast results. An individual should take the required time to learn them correctly if he or she wants to succeed at SEO.
SEO Article Marketing
This search engine optimization approach is one of the most effective and popular ones. Article marketing involves writing and publishing short articles in an attempt to increase the amount of exposure an individual receives, and increase the number of backlinks pointing towards a specific website. To succeed in SEO you should know the basic principles of search engines presented in SEO beginner’s guide on how Google Search works or following particular blogs.
When writing a search engine friendly article, an individual must:
- Write an article that provides information interestingly and creatively. People should want to keep reading the article because of its contents, and the value it holds.
- Avoid large chunks of text. An article does not need to belong, usually 300 to 500 words, but these words need to be well spaced out.
- Have six paragraphs in a 300-word article, seven in a 400-word article, and eight in a 500-word This will ensure the text does not overwhelm the reader.
Remember that even though the writing is important, the point of this approach is to build a search engine-friendly article with backlinks. For that reason, the writer must include:
- The selected keyword in the title, first sentence, and last paragraph of the article.
- The selected keyword once every one hundred This will improve its rank in search engines.
- Two to three outbound links pointing to high-quality websites that are in anchor text format.
When the individual has finished writing the article, he or she will have to publish it. A link back to the website being promoted must be included.
Social Media Marketing
Another effective tactic, social media marketing is commonly referred to as a long-term approach. This involves befriending individuals on social networks and branding the website an individual is performing SEO for. What this does is provide a personal approach, while still increasing the number of links directed toward the site.
To do this efficiently, the marketer must:
- Create an account on Facebook and MySpace.
- Spend a decent amount of time completing the profile with information related to the website.
- Start making friends that are interested in the industry of the website.
- Create a “Celebrity” page or “Group,” and invite the friends previously made to join.
Bear in mind that this is a long-term approach. Profile links will provide immediate backlinks; however, it will take some time before a lot of people join the group and get addicted to reading the individual’s posts. It is best to take this marketing approach slowly.
Video Marketing SEO
This involves creating videos or animations and posting them to video websites like YouTube. These should be informative tutorials that pertain to the main topic of the website, or promotional videos that brand the website and its image.
Regardless, it is generally a requirement to have videos at least 30 seconds long; though longer would be better.
In terms of SEO, the marketer must put a link to the website in the video’s description. He or she will want an interesting and creative description, which allows the link to flow within it. If this is not done, the individual is missing the entire point of the strategy.
The Power Of Three SEO Strategies
These are extremely simple search engine optimization strategies to employ. They are easy to learn and perform; ultimately just requiring daily and consistent action. Every Internet marketer should arrange a time to learn about them, and practice them. Practice makes perfect after all, and will certainly help his or her SEO efforts.